I believe you need to have a virtual host in Tomcat for each one on Apache.
I also believe that the name of the workers is irrelevant, as is the IP
address over which they communicate -- as long as the servers are bound to
the right address(es).  All differentiation takes place on the host header
only.

The https part (having to use Ips) is unfamiliar to me (I have one site on
my server running secure, and that works fine.)

Someone else feel free to jump in here and correct me if I am wrong.

Tim