Hi,

I have JDNIRealm set in the context.xml like this

<Context path="/project" docBase="project" debug="99"> <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
        connectionURL="ldap://localhost:389";
          userPattern="uid={0},ou=people,dc=example,dc=com"
         userRoleName="affiliation" />
</Context>

Authentication works fine until I added this to slapd.conf

access to *
      by anonymous auth
      by users read

Because I don't want to let anonymous users query ldap.

Now when I login, I get http status 403 (access denied).

Without ldap access control set, request.getUserPrincipal() prints
this: GenericPrincipal[gary(member,)]
but with access control, it print this: GenericPrincipal[gary()]

Not sure why the role information would be missing.
I am using tomcat 5.5.15, openldap 2.2.29

Thanks,
Gary