PKarthick wrote:

Hi all,
I would like to know whether any online books are there for tomat? or any documentation in PDF(downloadable).. if so pzl send me the link.

Review the online docs to get a better idea of the scope of Tomcat (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html), they're pretty good.

The Wrox book on Tomcat, although not free, has been pretty useful for me as well.

The biggest timesaver as a newbie, I have found, is the manager application (Section 5 of the link above)--in particular the Ant task commands that allow you to redeploy applications without the usual shutdown and startup of Tomcat. Make sure you understand and are comfortable with those.

Glen

Thanks in advance
Kary
Systems Engineer