Add this to the CATALINA_OPTS

-Djava.awt.headless=true

in your catalina.sh

Wentink, Marc wrote:

Dear Sirs,

I have got a servlet that generates a pdf file from a xml file, the servlet
runs in Tomcat, and it runs fine as long as in the xml file does not contain
references to images. At the moment the xml contains an image I got this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
       at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:62)
       at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.createGraphics(BufferedImage.java:1041)
       at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.getGraphics(BufferedImage.java:1031)
       at net.antonius.pdfgen.TypeImageMap.parse(Unknown Source)

The strange thing is that if I ran the old program as an independent java
program, I did not got the error. Hence the java environment provided by Tomcat
misses some classes?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Marc