From: Parsons Technical Services [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Java Question

Okay. Now for a few of my hair brain ideas. Every once in a while I get
lucky and actually suggest something that works.

As for the files returning to the original state:

I am totally ignorant on JBoss. If there is an archive of any type
present
my guess is that either the app is running from archive and thus checks
it
for changes. Since the files do not match the app is redeployed from the

archive.

Or:

The app is exploded from the archive and the system redeploys the app on
regular basis.

Either way you will need to make your changes inside of the archive and
either redeploy it or allow it to redeploy.

Changing the source outside of the archive is not a good idea.

For the database issue, look into the code for transactions. It sounds
like
there is a transaction failure that is causing a rollback and thus the
removal of the data. Other than an explicit deletion of data(code
written to
do it), it is about the only way data is going to be removed.

Doug