Your Realm implementation needs to sit in the server classloader as the Realm interface is only defined there (in catalina.jar).

This is a PITA so when we did this we made the Realm implementation just lookup the real implementation via JNDI. That way all the authentication logic stayed in the webapp and only a couple of simple wrapper classes and interfaces went into the server and common classloaders.

HTH,

Jon

Zsolt wrote:
Does anybody know how to configure <Realm from .../META-INF/context.xml?

<Realm className="my.realm.JNDIRealm" resourceName="my/RealmFactory"/>

I always get a ClassNotFoundException but the class does exist (under
../WEB-INF.