Hello Fellow Users,

My question is relatively simple.  It has 3 parts.

1.      Database:

*         MySQL 4.1

2.      Tomcat:

*         Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

3.      Hibernate:

*         2.1.8

I have my app which uses Hibernate and connects to a MySQL database and uses
Tomcat as the app server.  Everything works just fine except for when I need
to redeploy an app.  I go into Tomcat Manager and stop the app and then
undeploy the app.  Everything works here as well, however, when I try to
redeploy the app it redeploys but my app can't connect to the database until
after I restart Tomcat.  This is a problem when you are redeploying to the
production server.   This might be more of a hibernate setting question but
I thought it could be beneficial to post here as well since the Hibernate
Forum is not providing any results.

Code:

Tomcat Server.xml

<Context path="/Cohorts" docBase="Cohorts" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">

    <Resource name="jdbc/dbus5" scope="Shareable"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

    <ResourceParams name="jdbc/dbus5">

        <parameter>

            <name>factory</name>

        </parameter>

        <!-- DBCP database connection settings -->

        <parameter>

            <name>url</name>

            <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/us?autoReconnect=true</value>

        </parameter>

        <parameter>

        </parameter>

        <!-- DBCP connection pooling options -->

    </ResourceParams>

</Context>

Hibernate.cfg.xml

<property name="connection.datasource">java:comp/env/jdbc/dbus5</property>

      <property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>

That's it!  Is there some setting I'm missing in my server.xml file?  I
really don't know.  I've searched every place I can think of.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks.

-Lucas