Hello.

I'm trying to make Tomcat server response to some kind of request as
fast as possible. As far as I understood I can stop processing of
request using a valve registered in the Engine pipeline.

I wrote the following code:
public class testValve extends org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase {
    public void invoke(Request request, Response response) throws IOException,
ServletException {
        if (request.getRequestURI().equals("/testValve/hello_java")) {
            response.getOutputStream().print("<html><body>Hello
            response.sendAcknowledgement();
            response.finishResponse();
            response.flushBuffer();
            return;
        }

        getNext().invoke(request, response);
    }
}

and registered this valve in engine section.

I also wrote a sample servlet with the same output.

Now I'm trying to benchmark the whole thing and I get strange results:
valve is slower than the servlet!

Where I am mistaken?

Thanks,
Ilya.