On my site the users edit pages using a multipart form. There are differences between the way the content is being decoded on the server depending on the OS. (My guess). The uploaded content is stored in XML files and must then later be displayed to the user. I have spent the weekend trying to get this to work on the Debian based production server.

How does the OS effect the decoding / accepting of the submitted forms?

I have the following servers:

Tomcat 5.0.28
Development server: Windows
Old server: FreeBSD
New server: Debian (Can't accept UTF-8 form submits)