> From: Xi Chen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: How to configure in Tomcat?
>
> I set up the environment variable (MY_CONFIG_FILE_PATH) correctly on
> the machine, and the class function all right if I test it via a
> command line.
>
> However, if I test the class under Tomcat (after deploy the class to
> the appropriate path under Tomact) on the same machine, it complains
> that it cannot find the path.

Giving us a hint about what OS you're using might help, along with the
mechanism you're using to start Tomcat.  If you're running it as a
Windows service, environment variables will not be available.  (Don't
confuse environment variables with system properties like a previous
respondent did - they're entirely separate.)

Reading properties files or other configuration this way will be
conainer and platform specific; you may well be better off using
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream() or Class.getResourceAsStream(),
which would make your app more portable.  See the Servlet spec, the
mailing list archives, and Google for details.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.