The file ContextListener.class should be 2526 bytes in size (in both
the jsp-examples and servlets-examples webapps).

I can't test the problem in 5.5.16 as I'm still running 5.5.12. (It
doesn't happen for me with 5.5.12 & JDK 1.5.0_06-b05.) I did verify
that the ContextListener.class files are identical in the 5.5.12 and
5.5.16 downloads.
--
Len