lee sachs wrote:
> the web.xml is as follows:
> <!-- 3/8 - taking comments out here to enable SSI servlet, also changing
> virtual to 1 for relative, replace  "-->" after /servlet> to restore back
> comments; tried the virtualWebappRelative value as "0" and "1" - same result;
> Not sure if
>   -->
Servlet definition looks OK. What about the servlet mapping?

Further down in web.xml is this:
    <!-- The mapping for the SSI servlet -->
<!--
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ssi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.shtml</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
-->

Which needs to be changed to this:
    <!-- The mapping for the SSI servlet -->
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ssi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.shtml</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

> ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
> I can run JSPs, applets, and servlets ok, I think these are ok.
Good. A positive sign.

> CLASSPATH variable is set with this value (the Servlets+JSP directory follows
> from Marty Hall's coreservlets training, but currently there're no servlets
> or JSPs in there.
There is usually no need to change this.

Mark