Is it possible to remove the line that includes the date/time that appears in
the localhost-<date> log file?

This information is written every other line, and in our software, it just
gets in the way.  Here is an example of the line I am referring to:

Mar 21, 2006 3:08:08 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

I've looked at the logging.properties files, and associated documentation,
but I don't see anything about this.

Thank you in advance.