From: Markus Schönhaber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Unable to Configure SSL on Tomcat on AIX
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:06:15 +0100

anil abraham wrote:
> I have made the changes to the server.xml.(secure="true" and
> scheme="https") but still
> the default web page is not displayed. When i use the same  server.xml
> config under windows tomcat installation i am able to access the deployed > application and tomcat on port 8443 and 8070.please see below the modified
> server.xml.

First of all, the exact port number you use for your <Connector> is completely
irrelevant - with two obvious exeptions:
1. The specific port must not be in use by another application.
2. To use ports <= 1024 you may need andministative rights (of no importance
here).
I'd refrain from fiddeling around with two Connectors but instaed try to get
one to work.

Next, what *exactly* does "the default web page is not displayed" mean? Is
there an error message diplayed instead? If so, what does ist say?

Is the page displayed if you access it via http://... instead of https://...?

And (maybe the most important thing) are there any messages in Tomcat's log
files wrt this issue?

>   <Connector port="8070"
> maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
> enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
> debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000" algorithm="ibmX509"
> disableUploadTimeout="tr
> ue" secure="true" scheme="https"/>
>     <!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
>
>     <Connector port="8443"
> maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>                enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>                acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
>               keystoreType="JKS"
> keystoreFile="/export/home/elsadmin/ELS_HOME/co
> nf/certs/KeyStore" keystorePass="changeit" clientAuth="false"
> sslProtocol="TLS"
> protocol="SSL" algorithm="ibmX509" />

I don't see an obvious error here.
Did you follow the instructions given in the documents I pointed you to in my
last post - i. e. correctly set up the keystore etc. (the 8070 <Connector>
for example will use the default keystore while the other will use the one
you explicitely configured).

Regards
  mks