Hi Kevin,

including a context.xml file in META-INF could cure the "disappearing context
file" issue, although it would rather be some kind of workaround: The file
would still be deleted but eventually restored. Any idea how I could configure
tomcat 5.5 to stop from deleting that file?

The other issue remaining is Tomcat trying to deploy an unfinished war file.
Kind regards,

-  Christian