Hi,

I have the following scenerio:

I'm running a jsp on tomcat 4.1.31 fronted by apache 2.0.54. This jsp uses a tomcat jdbc pool connection with maxWait set to 10000ms. At the moment the database is screwed up because one of the filesystems on there has filled up from an archive job.

Now when I run the jsp, the code stops after successfully getting the datasource, and hangs indefintely on getConnection.

DataSource ds =
(DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/pol");
Connection conn = ds.getConnection(); <= gets stuck here

The browser also hangs, and when "maxClients" have logged onto the jsp, apache doesn't take anymore connections even after the browser has been shut.

Are there any timeouts or other settings on Apache/Tomcat I need to configure to avoid this behaviour?

Thanks for any help.

Ed.