Our application which runs on Apache HTTP Server 2.0.54, TOMCAT 5.0.28 with
mod_jk 1.2.15 connector. In production while our application was running.
Our application had a thread dead Lock hosing up all the users trying to
connect our application. So started investigating the failover setup in
mod_jk. I have two tomcat instances nodeA (active node )  and nodeB
(failover node). When I run my test scenario of a thread dead lock on nodeA
it doesn't seem to be failing over to nodeB. Instead whole site becomes
inaccessible and based on the reply_timeout setting I have I receive a
"Service Temporarily Unavailable" message. It is very critical for me to
find an answer to this. Is mod_jk the best option? Or should I be
investigating at other High Availability Clustering solutions like Heartbeat
etc...? Please help.  Following is my worker.properties .

worker.list=loadbalancer

# ----------------------
# Load Balancer worker
# ----------------------

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb                                   # ajp13, aj14,
jni, lb or status (lb = loadbalancer)
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=nodeA,nodeB        #
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1                       #
worker.loadbalancer.prepost_timeout=5                         #

# ----------------
# First worker
# ----------------

worker.nodeA.port=38009                                    # connector port
worker.nodeA.host=localhost                                # ipaddress
worker.nodeA.type=ajp13                                    # connector type
worker.nodeA.cachesize=1
worker.nodeA.retries=3
# below are in seconds worker.nodeA.cache_timeout=60
worker.nodeA.socket_timeout=30
worker.nodeA.recycle_timeout=60
# Advanced ping-pong options
# 0 (full recovery)
worker.nodeA.recovery_options=0
# below are in milliseconds
worker.nodeA.prepost_timeout=5000
worker.nodeA.connect_timeout=5000
# under load it can take awhile to get a reply when doing an initial JSP
compile
worker.nodeA.reply_timeout=60000

worker.nodeA.redirect=nodeB

# ----------------
# Second worker
# ----------------

worker.nodeB.port=48009
worker.nodeB.host=localhost
worker.nodeB.type=ajp13
worker.nodeB.cachesize=1
worker.nodeB.retries=3
# below are in seconds worker.nodeB.cache_timeout=60
worker.nodeB.socket_timeout=30
worker.nodeB.recycle_timeout=60
# Advanced ping-pong options
# 0 (full recovery)
worker.nodeB.recovery_options=0
# below are in milliseconds
worker.nodeB.prepost_timeout=5000
worker.nodeB.connect_timeout=5000
# under load it can take awhile to get a reply when doing an initial JSP
compile
worker.nodeB.reply_timeout=60000

worker.nodeB.disabled=true

-- tr123