Ryan Daly wrote:

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 08:52 -0500, David Kerber wrote:
I believe you need the permission level which allows you to run as a service, in order to change one. IIRC, this means either power user or administrator permissions.

I'm having the service log on as "tomcat".  Are you saying the user
"tomcat" would need to be a power user or greater?
No, I was referring to the login you use to modify service properties. If you already have admin privileges, then I don't know what's going on.

When I'm modifying the service properties, I am doing so with an account
that has admin privileges, but the service itself runs as "tomcat",
which doesn't have any privileges.