Alex

Are you sure the performance problems comes from Tomcat itself?
What is exactly slow?
Is this a test you run from your XP client, or from the server?

I would start by collecting metrics network/cpu/ram and narrow it down to
the bottleneck.

Do you have similar settings in both environment?
Do you connect to a database?

Let us know

With Best Regards
Bruno Georges

Glencore International AG
Tel. +41 41 709 3204
Fax +41 41 709 3000

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Alex Jalali"   |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           com>            |
|         |                           |
|         |           27.03.06 12:36  |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "Tomcat Users|
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      <users@tomcat.apache.org>
                                        |
  |        cc:
                                        |
  |        Subject: Tomcat runs slow on linux
                                        |

  |Distribute:

  |Personal?               |-------|

  |                        | [ ] x |

  |                        |-------|

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I upgraded tomcat to 5.5 and also jdk to 1.5 and after making changes to my
app everything was great (on my local machine) which is a windows XP. But
after setup on the server it runs sooo slow. I still have the older tomcat
running another application and that one is fine. Both of these tomcat 5
and
5.5 are using the same JDK 1.5. the application running on the 5.0 runs
well
but the one on the 5.5 runs very slow.

I checked all the logs and there no errors. I ran Litmus for testing this
WebDAV server locally on the server against the 5.5 tomcat but the test
takes about 10 time slower then on my windows machine.

Is there anything I am missing?

This is what I have:

J2sdk:
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

Tomcat:
jakarta-tomcat-5.5.16

Redhat 9
2 xeon 2.4GH
1GB ram

LEGAL DISCLAIMER. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are strictly
confidential and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a
named recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying
to this email inserting the word "misdirected" as the message and delete this
e-mail from your system.