> Yeah i'm running Apache 2, PHP and MySQ.
>
> I tried what you said, but if I remove the 8080 connectors, I can't access
> to Tomcat main page anymore, even on the PC running it..
>
> Can you explain a bit more?

Ok, here some more informations:

You need a connector between Apache and Tomcat, so that Apache get all
user requests and passes it to Tomcat. This module is called mod_jk.
Have you installed this on your Apache?

If not you can get it for example from this following site:

http://mirror.serversupportforum.de/apache/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/jk-1.2.14

Then move the connector to <path to apache>/lib/mod_jk.so (rename it to
mod_jk.so makes things simpler).

After this go to your configuration directory <path to apache>/conf.
Make a file and call it 'workers.properties'. Insert following:

worker.list=server1
worker.server1.port=8009
worker.server1.host=localhost
worker.server1.type=ajp13

As you see you are now using the port 8009 to pass all requests to
Tomcat (look at the server.xml, you will find a 8009 connector entry!).

Insert in your httpd.conf the line:

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
        LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache2/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_jk.c>

    JkWorkersFile "/etc/apache2/workers.properties"
    JkLogFile "/var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log"

    # Loglevel --> can be debug, error, warn or fatal
    JkLogLevel warn
</IfModule>

Ok?

Now, take a look at your server.xml. Search for an entry like this:

    <Connector port="8009"
               protocol="AJP/1.3"
               tomcatAuthentication="false" />

This is the connector entry on the Tomcate side.

Now, restart the Apache and the Tomcat and try to get a jsp web page.

Is it now working?

- Franck