Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me, I've recently taken over management of our
Tomcat webapp, and have been listening to the list for a while, although
don't know enough to contribute much yet I am afraid.

I'm using the following security-constraint to make sure that any user using
our payment module is transferred to https

<security-constraint>
       <display-name>Secure Access</display-name>
       <web-resource-collection>
          <web-resource-name>OrderPayment</web-resource-name>

          <url-pattern>/OrderPayment</url-pattern>
       </web-resource-collection>
       <user-data-constraint>
       </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

This works fine - if I request http://mydomain/OrderPayment I get
transferred to https.

However, after they've finished paying I really want to transfer them back
to http. I couldn't see a way of doing this using web.xml - the info I found
on the net suggested this isn't possible.

So, I thought I could write a filter to do this. I can easily write a filter
which uses sendRedirect to tranfer an https request to http, but I wanted to
know the best way to see which requests to do this to. I could hard code
into my filter the names of the pages I want to be secure, but I wondered if
there is any way of finding out programatically which requests are covered
by the security-contraint, and then any that are https and aren't covered,
do the redirect on.

Does that make sense? i.e. can I do something like :

if (request.getScheme().equals("https")
        && !request.hasConfidentialSecurityContraint()) {

(And does this in general sound like a sensible way of doing things?)

Thanks for any help,
Tamsin