I think you have this turned around.  jsp files are not "sent" to tomcat
for processing.  Think of the relationship between Apache and Tomcat
more as a proxy environment.

Tomcat has a set of contexts.  Each context has a set of jsps, servlets,
and resources that function to gether as an application.  What really
happens is apache passes requests from the client back to tomcat, tomcat
produces a response from it's servlets and jsps and passes that response
back to the client through apache.

--David