Thank you for your explaination, which is reasonable.

However, it could be "resolved" better if the developer or package maker

1. Drop a line in the release-notes.txt when they remove these two
non-portable .exe files from 5.5.16, because 5.5.15.zip has them.

2. Remove service.bat too, as you mentioned. And change
windows-service-howto.html.

The reason why I don't want to use the portable 5.5.16.exe is that someone
said it's broken, as a result jsp-examples and servlet-examples contexts
cannot be installed.

Since "Both the .zip and the .tar.gz distributions contain all the *scripts*
for all OSes (.bat files and .sh files)", two .exe files won't hurt too
much. As a Win32 user, I suggest you add them back.

Thanks