From: Gabriel Belingueres [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 1:21 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Can I generate JSP pages on the fly using this mechanism?

Hi,

I'd like to write an application that, instead of deploying .JSP pages
into a context, I could deploy, let's say .xyz pages into a context
and add the necessary configuration to Tomcat that, when it receives a
request for an .xyz page, it will "compile" it and execute it as any
jsp page.

However, instead of generating a response (which is what would
normally do a jsp page), it will generate a .jsp page on the fly on
that context, which will be available upon request like any other jsp
page.

I other words, I'd like to add the necessary mechanisms to Tomcat to
generate jsp pages on the fly.

Does anyone knows if this could be done? (without violently modifying
Tomcat's source code of course)

Regards,
Gabriel