Ok, thanks. After re-reading this thread again, I had just figured that out and was going to post a "Never mind" message, but you beat me to it...

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

what you are missing is
the complete file name being ".war"
ie, only a suffix, no actual file name

Filip

David Kerber wrote:

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

two things:

1. I don't see that you specified path="" in your <Context> element, I would try that. 2. Deleting a .war deletes webapps directory, yeah, you can call that a pretty big oops! if you open a bugzilla item I will be happy to fix that, I of course never thought anyone would use .war as an actual deployed file.

Jumping in here:

Huh? I thought the .war was the normal way of deploying an app. Unless I'm missing something in this thread...

Dave

Filip

Tim Lucia wrote:

That's what I am saying. I have a context.xml in my META-INF -- it looks
like this:

<Context
  reloadable="true">

  <!-- Define the "admin2" database as a JNDI-enabled DataSource.  -->
  <Resource
    name="jdbc/admin2"
    type="javax.sql.DataSource"
    driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
    url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@blah.blah.blah:1521:admin2"
    username="blah"
    password="blah"
    validationQuery="SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DUAL"
    initialSize="10"
    defaultCatalog="admin2"
    maxIdle="20"
    maxWait="5000"
maxActive="50"/> <Environment description="Host name (FQDN) of blah Server" name="host" override="false" type="java.lang.String" value="blah.blah.blah"/> </Context> I forgot to mention - tomcat 5.5.12 / JDK 1.5.0_06 -- I am leery of moving
forward given the recent banter about .16...

Oh, and while I am at it, undeploying the context (empty) created by
deploying .war DELETES MY webapps DIRECTORY! That can't be good either.

Thanks,
Tim