Hi all.

Just one opinion, if it hasn't been said before. Do not mix Java and PHP.

PHP is inherently thread un-safe. Basically the PHP code itself is, AFAIK, OK
(thread safe), but all those myriads of 3rd-party libraries providing needed
functionality to the myriads of PHP extensions can, and some are thread
un-safe.

In case you haven't noticed, most decent Linux distros disable multi-threaded
MPMs in Apache, if you enable PHP in them. Well, if Apache feels unsafe with
PHP around, how should you feel in Tomcat?

I can understand why you would want to run PHP, a lot of freeware projects out
there were written in PHP. Or, should I be more precise, in PHP+MySQL glued
together. Perhaps you cannot afford to rewrite it all. But sometimes, it is
worth it.

Decision remains yours, but I would run PHP separately from TC, if at all
possible.

Nix.