Hi Amila, what you see below is not an actual error, although it seems to be. What happens is that you have keepalive set to the default value, so the sending node will close it socket, and the receiving node will get an error like this. In future versions this has been reduced to info or warning, so you can safely ignore this.

Filip

Amila Suriarachchi wrote:
hi,
I created a tomcat cluster (using tomcat 5.5.15 and jdk 1.5.0_06 in linux)
with two nodes,
by uncommenting the existing cluster element in server.xml and changing the
tcplisten ports.

And I created a web application to test the cluster (put and entry
<distributable/> in web.xml).
Then I deployed the application in both servers and started the servers.

When I see the logs there are no errros and every things seems to be ok.

Then I access the application of one server, and see the nummber of sessions
of that application
in both servers using tomcat manager. Here I found that both nodes have
sessions and according to
my application i think that session is being replicated.

But when i check the catalina.out it has following exception.
SEVERE: TCP Worker thread in cluster caught 'java.io.IOException: Connection
reset by peer' closing channel
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:21)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:233)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:206)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:207)
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.drainChannel
(TcpReplicationThread.java:125)
        at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.run(
TcpReplicationThread.java:69)

And also
In my web application I have a class which implements the
HttpSessionActivationListener, HttpSessionBindingListener and Serializable
interfaces.
and I store an instance of this class as an attribute of the httpSession.
In this case I think the sessionWillPassivate and sessionDidActivate should
be called when the session
is replicated across different jvms. But it seems this does not happens.
(i.e. it does not print my log messages)

can someone explain this,

amila.