From: Khawaja Shams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Redirecting Root Servlet

Hello,
    I would like the default application path to send a redirect to our
homepage (a site that is not running on tomcat). I tried editing
index.jspinside the ROOT folder, but I found out that this particular page
is precompiled at build time and will not get recompiled if any changes are
made.  Is there a quick fix to put a redirect in the root application so
that it sends you to a different page.  For example
http://myTomcatInstance:8080/ should redirect to http://www.google.com

Is it possible to do this without creating another application and giving it
the ROOT context? I am using Tomcat 5.5.15.  Thanks in advance for your
help.

Regards,
Khawaja Shams