They used to be all "interface" servlets, but then I unified all external interface access into one simple servlet that forwards the request to the appropriate service. This way it should be easier to control the access to that context (e.g., protect it with a password, deny access to "internal" services, etc.). The "internal" contexts also provide service to other internal servers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Markus Schönhaber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 17:23
Subject: Re: access control

Zohar wrote:
I have a few servlets which are deployed to different contexts (each
servlet to its own context). One of these servlets acts as an interface to
clients, and it forwards the requests from clients to the appropriate
servlets. I don't want any of the non-interface servlets to be accessible
to clients (but they must still be accessible to the interface servlet).
How do I do that?

You could, for example, use a Remote Address Filter or a Remote Host Filter
for the contexts you don't want to be accessible:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html#Remote%20Address%20Filter

But would you mind to elaborate a little why you put servlets into contexts
you don't want to be accessible or why it is neccessary for those
"non-interface servlets" to be servlets at all?

Regards
 mks