If it really was 10 decimal (10 from prstat) and the prstat and your Java Thread Dump are from the same process, then it was a native thread, because I didn't find a nid=0xa.

If you want to find out, what that native thread is doing, give your process a "pstack", write it to some file and look into. It has a native stack dump for each thread and at the top of the stack it gives you the decimal thread number. You can pstack a process while running, although when it has a lot of threads active, it will make the process pause a few seconds.

Leon Rosenberg wrote:
On 4/7/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED]