Hi ALL

Apache is a Standalone Web Server
Tomcat is a Standalone Application Server
In case of Tomcat its actually a Servlet/JSP Container
so programs written in JSP or Servlets can be hosted on it
Can I have a detailed explanation on this

My question is can I have Tomcat Application Server only to host my
JSP Servlets
application or do i need also Apache Web Server

Please also let me know whether Apache Web Server is written in C
Programming Language and Tomcat is written in JAVA and the mod_jk
connector is written in C Language

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Kaushal