--- balaraju mandala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Bob,
>
> The ending messages in catalina.out are -->
>
>  Apr 10, 2006 1:48:20 AM
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> Apr 10, 2006 1:48:20 AM
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
> INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
> Apr 10, 2006 1:48:20 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain
> start
> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/24

config=/home/wizon555/Softwares/tomcatsoftware/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28
> /conf/jk2.properties
> Apr 10, 2006 1:48:20 AM
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 2742 ms
>
> and there are no 'Exceptions' in catalina.out. I am
> using Internet Explorer
> 6. I am connecting to remotly located system, where
> i installed Tomcat and
> trying to access it from my System. There is no
> Physical firewall present
> for that server, a software was installed, but
> though i disabled software
> firewall result is same.
>
>  -Bala

Bala,

Looks like a clean startup of Tomcat - good.

What is the text of the error message that appears
when you attempt to reach Tomcat from IE6 on a remote
host?

Can you run a browser on the linux host and attempt
to access Tomcat via: <http://localhost:8080>  ?

-Bob