Hi Klaus,
Hi Franck,

thank you for your hint. But I am not sure, which parameter is which file.

To make things clear, here my procedure:

> openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:512 -keyout ./demoCA/private/cakey.pem -out ./demoCA/cacert.pem -days 1095

> openssl genrsa -out ./key.pem 512 -days 1095

> openssl req -new -key ./key.pem -out ./req.pem -days 1095

> openssl ca -in ./req.pem -out ./cert.pem  -days 1095

> chown -R root:root ./cert
> chmod -R 700 ./cert

then I cleaned cet.pem by hand (take out text before "-------BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----------"

The final step:
../java/bin/keytool -import -keystore ../tomcat/conf/.keystore -file ./cert.pem -alias wt24ca

Setting up SSL is described in diffent documents so differenly, that it is hard to be sure of what to do. The above, I extraced from several descriptions.

Could cou please tell me, which file from the above is used in server.xml?

You made a mix with to different tools (openssl and Java Keytool). I don't now if this is working. Anyway, here is an example of the element Connector with your values:
<Connector port="443"
                   maxThreads="150"
                   minSpareThreads="25"
                   maxSpareThreads="75"
                   enableLookup="false"
                   acceptCount="100"
                   debug="0"
                   scheme="https"
                   secure="true"
                   clientAuth="false"
                   sslProtocol="TLS"/>

Don't forget to edit your /webapps/web.xml:

<security-constraint>
   <user-data-constraint>
   </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>