Awesome.  I had spent like 3 hours fiddling with Tomcat and SSL.
I followed the directions at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/ssl-howto.html,
but it turns out if you include the className attribute, you'll
get an InvocationTargetException and Tomcat will fail to start =(

So make sure you leave that part out like Franck has to prevent
hair pulling.

Franck Borel wrote:

Hi,

I solved that problem. Now running in a new one:

I have changed the file server.xml and set port 8080 to 80.

I uncommented the SSL section and configured the port to 443. Now I expect Tomcat to run on port 80 (what is does), and that, when I call the same URL with "https", that it calls the same page with that security.
But with https it states that it cannot open the page.
Your connector must look like this:

<Connector port="443" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" keystoreFile="conf/.keystore" keystorePass="secret" truststoreFile="conf/cacerts"/>

-- Franck