Hi again,

this sounds like you should use apache for that.
Are you using a specific download manager on the client side?

Note you can always configure tomcat to serve content outside of webapps. Just
use context.xml-Configuration:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html
-->"A word on Contexts"

R.