Da: Franck Borel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Inviato: giovedì 13 aprile 2006 10.34
A: Tomcat Users List
Oggetto: Re: R: R: Form Authentication against JNDI Datasource Realm

Try this:
Remove 'source' from your Context Element:
<Context docBase="PMS" path="/PMS"
                         reloadable="true">
-- Franck

> Thanks but that's not the problem.. the carriage return was inserted
during
> copy&paste, and it's not present in the original server.xml. Anyway I
> probably find the REAL problem.
> If I remove the "realm" tag from the "Context" I could start tomcat
> otherwise I get the:
>
> GRAVE: Begin event threw exception
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>       at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
> .java:769)
> [..]
>
> exception.. so it seems to me there's only some possible causes:
>
> 1) tomcat can't find org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm
> (but it can find, for sure, org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm)
>
> 2) tomcat can't find "com.mysql.jdbc.Drive"r or "org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
> (but "mysql-connector-java-3.1.12-bin.jar" is already in
> $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib)
>
> 3) some other class missing but which one?
>
> So it's seems a classpath or class reference problem..
> but I don't know how to solve it..
>
> DO I have to set Some special path in global OS CLASSPATH variable?
> Do the JVM need some particular configuration to run tomcat??
>
> S***t :-/////

org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:252
> )
>       at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
>       at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1273)
>       at

org.apache.catalina.util.CatalinaDigester.startElement(CatalinaDigester.java
> :65)
>       at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
> Source)
>       at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
> Source)
>       at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unkno
> wn Source)
>       at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatc
> her.dispatch(Unknown Source)
>       at
> Source)
>       at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>       at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>       at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>       at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>       at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
>       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:489)
>       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:528)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>       at

> )
>       at

> .java:25)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:250)
>       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:424)
> Catalina.start using conf/server.xml: java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2540)
>       at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2566)