check your log files upon startup, your myapp.xml doesn't have a docBase attribute to associate it with the app itself.
<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/myapp" path="/myapp">.....

Scott Smith wrote:
Sorry, I sent this so many times.  Hopefully, I have all of the typos
out of it this time...

I have specified the following as myapp.xml in the
conf\Catalina\locahost directory:

<Context path="/myapp">

            <Resource name="jdbc/MyDB" auth="Container"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                        username="user" password="pswd"

driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433;DatabaseName=MyDB;SelectMethod
=cursor"

                        maxActive="30" maxIdle="20" minIdle="10"
maxWait="20000" />

            <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
debug="99"

                        dataSourceName="jdbc/MyDB"

                        userTable="zUsers" userNameCol="zUserName"
userCredCol="zPassword"

                        userRoleTable="wsViewRoles" roleNameCol="zRole"
/>

</Context>

In my web.xml file I have:

  <resource-ref>

            <res-ref-name>jdbc/MyDB</res-ref-name>

            <res-auth>Container</res-auth>

  </resource-ref>

But, when I execute the code

            DataSource ds = null;

try
            {

                        Context initCtx = new InitialContext();

                        Context envCtx = (Context)
initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");

                       ds = (DataSource) envCtx.lookup("jdbc/MyDB");

} catch (NamingException e)
            {

                        _log.error("Unable to retrieve MyDB DataSource",
e);

                        ds = null;

            }

The exception is caught and I get an error message which says
"javax.naming.NamingException: Name is not bound to a Context".  I
verified that the name in the <Resource>,  <resource-ref> and the
context lookup are the same.

I suspect I understand the message.  I just don't know what I've done
wrong.  Any suggestions?

Scott