Hi,
I'm running Tomcat embedded and have some questions.
1. How can I define a Valve so it can be invoked for any request, without using web.xml nor server.xml?
StandardHost.addValve(...)  doesn't have any effect.
Is implementation of Lifecycle required in this case?

2. Is it possible to define the execution order of Valve's, or does Tomcat use the order in server/web.xml ? And how can that order be modified if not using server.xml nor web.xml

Thanks!
Ugur