Arnaud LARROQUE wrote

> On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM, kl2eativ <kl2eativ@> wrote:
>>
>> Arnaud LARROQUE wrote
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Are you using tomcat 7 or tomcat 5 ? You mentioned both and this is
>>> confusing.
>>>
>>> URL changed in the tomcat 7 manager app : are you accessing through
>>> http://your-host:your-port/manager/html ?
>>>

>> Thank you for your response. I have installed Tomcat 7.0.27 but for some
>
> Did you install tomcat 7 through package manager ? which distribution ?
>
>> reason the folders that I have say Tomcat5? I access it via
>> myhostname:8080
> On my fedora16, /etc/tomcat5 is the configuration directory for the
> tomcat5 package
> /etc/tomcat is the configuration directory for the current tomcat
> version (ie tomcat 7.0.27)
>
> Check if you also have a /etc/tomcat directory  ? if so, apply your
> configuration in this directory
>
> Arnaud
>>

>> --

UPDATE: As Arnaud said, his configuration for Tomcat7 was under /etc/tomcat
but in my /etc folder there is not a older called Tomcat, I only have a
folder named Tomcat5. So I decided to search the whole file system for all
tomcat folders. After a while it found a folder named just "tomcat" that was
located in /opt. Inside that folder was /conf with a newly tomcat-users.xml.
I configured my roles here and boom it works. So I guess I was configuring
the files for tomcat 5 and not 7. Thank you Arnaud and all of the others who
posted.