Thanks Chris,
I'd seen a lot of traffic on the topic over the years, so knew someone had
real-world experience on the subject.
I'll check out what you did a little further.
Of course, thinking on my proposed plan, a really uptight security admin might
not think it all that more secure that basic-auth over server-only SSL.
You know the type: the guy that insists the SSLPassword value in server.xml be
encrypted.
Jeff