Hi All,

I have a problem here. I have Signon.jsp page. In the
Action of Form element of this page I am pointing to
the InitServlet. This InitServlet uses the
Request.getparamater(j_username) and puts this
j_username into Session using session.setattribute.
Now it is very must for me to make j_username persists
throughout the session in order for me to make my
application run properly.

But there is problem here If I keep my Action element
to point to InitServlet then somehow after clicking on
the signon submit button my browser gives resource
j_security_check not available error. And I cannot put
my j_username into the session variable.

In order to resolve this I have done this:
<form name="X" action="j_security_check" method="post"

But there is problem here too. As soon as I hit the
Submit button my variable j_username dies down. So You
know any way where i can capture the j_username into
my session variable on the Click event of the Submit
button without going any other servlet or JSP. If you
know something I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
With regards,
Vikas Nagpal.