----- Original Message -----
> Thanks Daniel and Jose.
> Do you knoe what is the root cause of this issue

It's hard to say since you have not answered the questions from my previous
email, you have not posted your data source configuration and you have only
posted a partial stack trace.

Nevertheless, I will venture a guess.  *If* you are in fact restarting your
Oracle database then that would disconnect any persistent connections
maintained by the connection pool.

Given that your connection pool would contain a bunch of connections which have
been disconnected, you would either need to restart Tomcat (which will create a
fresh connection pool) or configure your connection pool to find and replace
the closed connections (hence the suggestion to use a validationQuery).

That's just a guess though, I do not believe that the amount of information
that you have provided is sufficient to give you an exact answer.

Dan