Sorry, I didn't read you email close enough and said something stupid. It
appears that you are not seeing multiple threads as procs rather I think
it's a jsvc parent/child pair. It looks like the output of 'ps ax' it
doesn't show the parent PID. I use ps -ef which shows the parent ID. Try
that and see if that's not the case.