2012/7/30 krishna chaitanya kurnala <kkc...@gmail.com>:
> Dear Tomcat Users,
>
> I am deploying a Java Application in Tomcat, that is picking the wrong
> Time-zone from OS. I did try to change the time settings at OS level.
>
> while the OS is PDT
> [root@sdc-cidev10 ~]# date
> Sun Jul 29 15:16:41 PDT 2012

I suspect that you changed the timezone not for the OS, but for the
"root" user only.

Effectively you changed some shell environment variable. It may be
different for different users. So you have to look at the user that
actually starts Tomcat java process.

How to configure it depends on what version of Tomcat you are using
and on how it is installed.

Do not forget to restart Tomcat after the change.

> My Java App is still in Universal Time-zone. Can you please guide me on how
> to set -Duser.timezone property for Tomcat?

When you are saying that it is "still in UTC", what data are you looking at?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko