Thank you Mark for explaining this.
I'll see if I can get my hands on a 7.0.30 and see how it works out.

One thing though, would it be possible to allow Tomcat to _only_ scan for SCI's
in WEB-INF/classes and exclude WEB-INF/lib (even for parent classes inherited
in the former)?
It would be great to have some control over the SCI's as some could be located
in any of the dependencies I have added to the application.

// andreas

> Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 08:51:04 +0100
> From: ma...@apache.org
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Large webapps in 7.0.29 and Annotation Scanning not respecting
> "metadata-complete"
>
> There are multiple issues going on here. There have been reported
> previously and are understood. I'll try and explain the full story.

[...]