>On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:50:17 -0400
>Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> > When I try to send error page directly from ErrorHandler using
> > HttpServletResponse, it works fine and page is displayed, so it
> > seems the problem is with sendError() method. Is this an expected
> > behaviour or some sort of bug?
>
> Oh... do you mean there is no content when your ErrorHandler sends the
> response? Are you producing any content? I certainly don't see a place
> where you are producing a response document of any kind. What did you
> expect the client to see on the screen?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

1) I mean if I try to send the response like this:
-----------------------
PrintWriter pw = response.getWriter();
pw.close();
-----------------------
it works OK and I see an "Error!" message on the client side.

2) If I use sendError() method instead, I don't see anything - just an
empty page.

3) This happens ONLY if the request was forwarded to ErrorHandler
servlet by Tomcat in case of an error or exception:
<error-page>
        <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
        <location>/ErrorHandler</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
        <error-code>404</error-code>