On 20/08/2012 12:37, Jose María Zaragoza wrote:
   I assume I can use iptables to redirect people to a different web server,
but how can I know that I need to redirect them to the maintenance.html if
that server is serving other web pages too?

You can try Valve filters .
With Valve, you have access to Request and Response objects

I didn't do ever , but it's an idea :-)
maybe I haven't worded my idea correctly. I can't assume the Tomcat service in server1 is running all the time (since it's under maintenance, tomcat might be restarted a few times during the maintenance). That's why I thought about iptables. The issue is that iptables run at the IP level while redirects work at application level.

Miguel

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or
addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying
(either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received
this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.