On Aug 22, 2012, at 3:55 PM, Stefan Mayr wrote:

Am 22.08.2012 22:31, schrieb Miguel González Castaños:
We are having what sounds like a similar problem (although 7.0.26
works for us) and can provide our details.

We are using Solaris 10, Tomcat 7.0.26, Apache/2.2.16, mod_jk/1.2.35
and Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_30-b12) in our
production environment. We are using the same except for the latest
Tomcat 7.0.29 in our test environment.

Recently one of our testers found that when using IE8 against our test
environment she could not download PDFs (available as links on web
pages) and would instead see the error "A network error occurred while
accessing this document on the Internet" but it worked fine on the
older Tomcat in production.  Indeed if I roll our testing environment
back to Tomcat 7.0.26, this problem does not occur.  It also doesn't
occur in any other browser we tried (IE9, FireFox 14.0.1 and Safari
5.1.7).

I had remembered that something similar had been discussed on this
list, but the archived thread looks like it went stale when it
couldn't be reproduced:
PDF Download problem tomcat >= 7.0.27
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/201207.mbox/%3CCAC=HunuF5zqKf5s_D9syTZ1J2nFXdCjEWKj=zq+hc8bgnn1...@mail.gmail.com%3E)

A good portion of our visitors use IE8 with the 9.5.1 Adobe Reader and
we have a number of PDF documents available for download so I'm hoping
perhaps our different configuration to the ones previously reported
might eventually lead to a fix.

As I have answered to Chris, it came down that the downgrade to 7.0.26
fixed it. Only a person reports problems that with a particular PDF file
so we have assumed it's an issue with his setup. I couldn't reproduce
the issue as I did with 7.0.29, so it seems there is something wrong
with that version.

Is your setup using tcnative? Version 7.0.27 introduced an update

Changelog: Update the native component of the Tomcat APR/native connector to
1.1.23 and take advantage of the simplified distribution. (mturk)

Maybe you could change your HTTP connector from protocol="http" (has some
autodetection for apr) to protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
and retest with 7.0.29.

Bye,

Stefan

No, we are using the AJP connector.

    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" connectionTimeout="10000"
maxParameterCount="10000" maxThre
ads="400" redirectPort="8443" />

Kari Scott
Senior Programmer