2012/8/25 Ivan Polak <ivan.po...@f4s.sk>:
> Hi!
>
> Recently, we have migrated my web app from Tomcat 6.0.16 to Tomcat
> 7.0.29. The application works fine for most of the part but gives
> problem with URLRewriteFilter. I am using URLRewriteFilter version
> 4.0.5.
>
> In tomcat 6.0.16 everything is OK,
>
> URLRewriteFilter has status information page on
> http://localhost:8080/app/rewrite-status/, with Tomcat 6.0.16 is OK,
> but in tomcat 7.0.16 and above, this page show HTTP Status 404 tomcat
> error screen.
>
> I use tomcat in eclipse, with debug mode (URLRewriteFilter parameter
> logLevel=DEBUG), in console there all messages (the same messages as
> with tomcat 6.0.16), so the filter is started correctly.
>
>     INFO: org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.Conf DEBUG: about to parse
> conf 24.8.2012 20:09:56 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext
> log
>     INFO: org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.ConfHandler
>     DEBUG: Resolving to DTD
> /org/tuckey/web/filters/urlrewrite/dtds/urlrewrite4.0.dtd 24.8.2012
> 20:09:56 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>     INFO: org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.Conf DEBUG: now
> initialising conf 24.8.2012 20:09:56
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>     INFO: org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleBase DEBUG: loaded
> rule Rule 0 (/test/status/, %{context-path}/rewrite-status 0)
>
> with Tomcat 7.0.16 and above there are problem with defined filters in
> web.xml.
>
> <filter>
>                 <filter-name>UrlRewriteFilter</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter</filter-class>
> </filter>
>
>         <filter-mapping>
>                 <filter-name>UrlRewriteFilter</filter-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>                 <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
>                 <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
>         </filter-mapping>
>
> in Tomcat 7.0.10, 7.0.11, 7.0.12, 7.0.14 is everything OK,
>
> but in Tomcat 7.0.16 and above, method:
>
> public void doFilter(final ServletRequest request, final
> ServletResponse response, final FilterChain chain)
>             throws IOException, ServletException {
>
> in filter is called on welcome-screen
> (http://localhost:8080/app/index.html), but when I click on link
> http://localhost:8080/app/invitations/, method doFilter is not called.
>
> the same situation is with others filters defined in web.xml.

1. Is "invitations" a subdirectory in your application? (Is Tomcat
looking for a welcome file there?) Or it is served by a servlet, or by
a filter?

2. Can you reproduce this with the standard "examples" webapp?

3. Try to dump "merged web.xml": set logEffectiveWebXml="true" on <Context>
and look for filter and filter-mapping elements there. What is their order?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko