On 14 September 2012 06:14, Aditi Sinha <adisinha0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Please do not top-post - it makes the thread very confusing to read.

> Tried below option.
>  jmap -J-Xmx512M -dump:format=b,file=heap.bin <pid>

Tomcat heap = 512M according to your earlier post, is that correct?
jmap heap = 512M (according to the command above).
I suspect jmap heap needs to be greater than Tomcat heap maximum
which is why my original suggestion was to use '-J-Xmx1024M'

Please try it with 1024M as originally suggested.

What JVM version are you using to run Tomcat?

What JVM version are you using to run jmap?

These should be the same.